people's pick

The Best Outdoor Television receiver Antennas on Amazon, Co-ordinate to Hyperenthusiastic Reviewers

Photograph: Vittoriano Rastelli/Corbis via Getty Images

We've written near lots of Telly tech before — including the best streaming services and domicile-theater projectors — and hither, we've rounded upward the best outdoor TV antennas that y'all can notice on Amazon, as praised by the site's well-nigh enthusiastic reviewers.

Related Articles: Inexpensive TVs | A Palm-Sized Projector | Best Audio Bars

RCA Outdoor Yagi Satellite HD Antenna with Over 70 Mile Range

Outdoor TV antennas help cord-cutters get cable for free, and more 70 per centum of reviewers think this ane is the all-time because it is compact while still being strong enough to go them tons of articulate channels. "When I first received this RCA Yagi Antenna, I tested it by connecting information technology to my family-room TV in the first flooring, and without aiming it anywhere I was able to pick upwardly 130+ channels," 1 reviewer says. Some other reviewer who was "skeptical that this would work since [it's] then small" says they get 186 channels. And while this is an outdoor antenna, it doesn't accept to be mounted on the highest bespeak of your roof. Reviewers even so have success mounting this on the side of their house or in the attic. "I am 51 miles southwest of Toledo, Ohio, and 61 miles east of Fort Wayne, Indiana," one reviewer says. "With the antenna mounted 25 feet high, I tin get all of the Toledo channels without the pre-amp." A reviewer who but put theirs ten feet off the ground reports, "I get around 40 channels, all very articulate." The same person points out that having success with any antenna is reliant on yous pointing it in the right direction. "You can Google the locations of your local stations, what degree they face from your business firm," they explain. "So download a compass app to your telephone and bespeak your antenna to the correct heading. This will ensure a much stronger signal."

GE Pro Outdoor TV Antenna

"All I can say is 'bye cheerio, cable TV visitor,'" writes 1 cord-cutter who says this antenna will pay for itself in equally little as two months. Many reviewers call out the savings they go with this antenna, receiving the aforementioned, if not better, service than what they had with cable. "I simply mounted this in the cranium of my 2-story house with concrete roof tiles, and I'm getting 100 percent signal quality," i says. Another writes, "We get a lot of channels that we didn't go with Xfinity, and nosotros have HD for free on almost of the network channels." And while many reviewers have luck with installing this in their attic, one reviewer says the reception gets fifty-fifty meliorate when you accept this outside. "I'grand in a rural area l–sixty miles from the circulate towers, and with this in the attic I got nothing," they explain. "I temporarily set it aimed out of an upstairs window and got very practiced reception of almost 20 channels. I then mounted it on the edge of the roof, correct in a higher place the gutter, most 25 feet off the basis, and I'm receiving 28 channels conspicuously." No matter where you lot install it, reviewers say the installation process is straightforward but acknowledge that the directions are hard to read: "Unfortunately, the teaching booklet is tiny and written in such small type that I had to keep getting a magnifying glass to read it."

Winegard Platinum VHF/UHF HDTV Antenna

"This is the i you desire to get VHF and UHF," writes one reviewer of this antenna, which receives both VHF, depression-numbered channels, and UHF, high-numbered cable channels. "A lot of antennas you lot will encounter on Amazon only get UHF, and you lot won't get the lower channels from 2 to about xi. In my case, CBS is VHF, and it was a requirement from the wife nosotros get information technology." Some other says, "I purposely bought this antenna for it's VHF capabilities as I could not pick upwardly channels 7, ix, 11, and thirteen since they are broadcast on loftier-band VHF." This antenna picks up VHF and UHF signals so well that it reaches towers over the 65-mile range. Equally i reviewer reports, "I tin go my long-distance VHF, and I have even picked up two UHF channels that are about 75 miles away." With an antenna so powerful, information technology'south no surprise users say it's huge. "The antenna is 11 x 8 feet. Information technology is huge and awkward," one reviewer said, which can make installation a hassle. But fifty-fifty if you pay to have information technology installed, as some reviewers have, they withal say information technology's worth the investment. One writes, "3 months without DirecTV will pay for the hardware and installation."

Winegard Platinum Series Long Range TV Antenna

The higher up antenna has a pretty impressive range, but this antenna reaches beyond that. "I had my Boob tube do a search for channels, hands picked up all our locals, and some from over 100 miles away," one says, while some other notes they are "getting KTLA v broadcast from Mount Wilson, 117 miles away meliorate than e'er." Reviewers are also getting lots of channels with this.
"Tonight, I installed this Winegard and immediately got 93 channels," 1 says, and some other notes they "found 148 channels 30 miles away." And don't think that with its broad achieve these channels are coming in pixelated. Nearly fifteen percent of reviewers depict their picture as articulate. As one concludes, "To my surprise, I got EVERY single circulate aqueduct available in my area crystal articulate."

ClearStream Indoor/Outdoor HDTV Antenna with Mount

If the idea of cutting the cord sounds appealing to you just all this antenna-tower-station-reception talk is making your head spin, about one-fifth of reviewers describe installing this one as easy. "This product was extremely easy to install and tied right into the existing infrastructure in my home," 1 says. "I used a compass to ensure I was at the correct azimuth for the dissemination station and receive 32 digital channels over the air for costless! I alive 25 miles from the broadcast station in a housing development, and then I was worried about interference, but everything worked great." Another says, "Information technology snaps together easily, and a reasonably handy person tin mount it on a roof or the side of the house." Information technology also comes with suction cups for mounting on a window, and reviewers take luck mounting this in their attic, too. The connection is strong either way. A reviewer who has theirs outside says, "The quality never wavers no thing what the weather is," and some other person who has theirs inside notes, "I went from getting nineteen channels with the other ii antennas to getting 30 channels with this antenna, including the i I was trying then hard for." Best of all, it holds up to its lx-mile-range claim: "I live in the Ventura County surface area (about 60 miles away from MT Wilson), and I built my own multidirectional HDTV antenna and got near 100 channels installed outside on my roof."

The Strategist is designed to surface the most useful, skilful recommendations for things to purchase beyond the vast e-commerce landscape. Some of our latest conquests include the best women's jeans , rolling luggage , pillows for side sleepers , ultra-flattering pants , and bath towels . We update links when possible, simply annotation that deals tin can elapse and all prices are subject to change.

Every editorial product is independently selected. If y'all buy something through our links, New York may earn an affiliate commission.

The Best Outdoor TV Antennas, According to Amazon Reviewers